Wednesday, January 23, 2013

How do you like your tuna?

In September I started babysitting three little girls.  They are the cutest, ages 6, almost 8 and 9. They love eating tuna salads and avocados for lunch and I try to give them as much veggies and fruits as I can in between the days when they have pasta leftovers in the fridge. They also like beans and edamame and tomatoes and yellow peppers and carrots with humus. Thanks to them, I've been loving eating tuna and avocados too! Evan loves eating tuna and can only eat one kind (Kirkland albacore white), so we've always had it in the house, but I was never really raised on it and only ate it, well, rarely. Now, I know that I like my tuna salad a little moister than he does and I have discovered that adding more things to it makes it more fun to eat! I love tomatoes and corn too so this recipe with tuna and tomatoes and corn is perfect!

Tuna Rosada Salad
as adapted from Laylita's recipes

2 servings

1 tomato
1 can of tuna in water
1 teaspoon of mayo
1/4 can of corn

Mix mayo and corn. Then add tomatoes and corn.  tada!

I like the name of the salad. Of course there is a ton of stuff I left out of the original recipe but all I was looking for was a small dinner salad. Adding the onion, carrots, peas and egg and serving it all in an avocado on a bed of lettuce would be great for a big lunch! 



The first time I made this salad, I put it in an avocado!

~Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment